Fall in love with our frames
Your glasses speak volumes about your style. Whether you want to look the business at work or show off your style credentials at the weekend, we can find help find the perfect glasses for you.
At Leightons, we stock all sorts of glasses. Glasses that are chic and sophisticated. Or glasses that are retro and cool. Glasses that are rimless and discreet. Or glasses that are bright and bold. The trick is, finding the right ones for you.
Luckily, our friendly Dispensing Opticians have the perfect knack of helping you find your perfect pair. We asked them for their 4 top tips for matching frames to faces…
4 tips on how to choose the best glasses for you
- Go for contrast – The shape of your frame should contrast the shape of your face. So if you have a rounder face, you’ll look great in more angular styles. Got an angular face? Soften your features with rounder shapes.
- Proportion – In general, you want your glasses to be in proportion to your face. Unlike sunglasses, where it’s the bigger, the better – for coverage, protection and added star factor!
- Colour – Black frames are brilliant for highlighting your eyes. While coloured frames can contrast your hair and skin tone to turn heads and make a bold style statement.
- Face Shape – No two faces are the same, so here’s how to find a pair of frames as individual as you:
- Got a sculpted square shaped face? Go for oval or rounded rectangles to soften your look.
- Got an elegant narrow face? Try a taller frame, which takes up more room and shows off your best features.
- Got a pretty round face? Rectangular frames look best. You can carry off contrasting bridges too.
- If your face is wider on the bottom, try a half-rim style or a dramatic cat eye to bring attention up and balance out your jaw line.
- Got a timeless oval face? You may look your best in top heavy frames and butterfly shapes, which elegantly curve upwards and out.
Glasses to help you live life to the full
Love sport? Our expert Dispensing Opticians can find frames that keep you at the top of your game. Whether you cycle or run; fish or kite-surf; golf or shoot; stay balanced with yoga or pilates, find your perfect fit, with lightweight, unbreakable frames. These glasses stay where they ought to, whatever your activity and let you focus on your personal best.