At Leightons Opticians we continue to recommend MacuShield as one of the steps to help try and reduce the affects of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) – one of the leading causes of blindness. It contains the key nutrient Meso-Zeaxanthin which helps to replenish a pigment linked to AMD. We have MacuShield stockists throughout the South of England.
The benefits of the new Softgel MacuShield formulation
- It is a Sunflower oil based capsule – now you do not need to take it with food and it allows the active ingredients to target the macula area even more effectively.
- It is still the only supplement available with all three of the antioxidants needed to keep your macula healthy.
- Unlike other dietary supplements MacuShield only contains Meso-Zeaxanthin, Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These powerful antioxidants help protect the tissues of the eyes from damaging blue light and free radicals. So because it does not contain any vitamins or minerals there are no unwanted interactions with other medications you may be taking or with other medical conditions you may have.
- Ladies who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult their doctor before using MacuShield.
- All food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balance diet and healthy lifestyle and remember to wear your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the harmful Ultra-Violet light.
At Leightons Opticians we now have supplies of the new softgel formulation of MacuShield Dietary Supplement in 90 Capsule packs. You can buy Macushield from any of our branches, find your nearest branch here.