Learning for life
At Leightons, you never stand still - the opportunities to grow are all around you.
Whether you are newly qualified or have a wealth of experience, you will get all the support and training that you need to develop in your role, fulfil your ambitions and share in our success – all thanks to the Leightons Learning Academy.
We are proud to be the first company in the UK to earn a government grant for our Learning Academy, not once – but twice!
What does the Academy cover?
Optometrists, Dispensing Opticians, Managers, and Audiologists as part of our Leadership team will get access to our Learning Academy, to help stretch your skills on our Management Development Programme, which helps you to develop in these 4 key areas (now we know you have the caring gene!):
- Communication and team engagement
- Leadership - team working - managing performance
- Finance and commercial awareness
- Advanced sales and service
Not everyone learns in the same way, so we also offer a whole range of ways to develop new skills:
- Take your pick from online as well as day and residential courses
- Add extra strings to your bow at our centres of excellence, with on-the-job training in areas like: sun and UV training, customer service, computer and systems training
- Take a Diploma in Retail Optics to enhance your skills, if you are one of our Optical Assistants
- Be fully-funded on our highly successful Trainee Dispensing Optician programme
- Enrol as a Pre-Reg Optometrist – we don’t have many, but it is worth applying!
Listen, learn, improve, grow
Our development doesn't stop there. We also run monthly Leadership team innovation meetings to help us continually develop, share learning and benchmark performance. This is all about information sharing, communication and innovation, involving Optometrists, Managers and Audiologists.
The sky’s the limit
Whatever role you do and whatever stage you are at in your career, we will help you build a development plan that helps you bloom. If you have always wanted to run your own business, then our Shared Ownership or Franchise opportunities might just be for you!
Want to join us?
Send us your CV to [email protected] and drop us a line. We don’t always advertise our vacancies, so you never know, there could be a role – just waiting for you!