An exciting opportunity for a Contact Lense Professional Services Manager responsible to lead engagement in contact lenses and growth of the contact lens business throughout the Leightons Group to meet 3-year strategic objectives.
Key Activities to create Success
Lead, motivate support eye care professionals, branch teams and central support in all aspects of the contact lens patient journey to elevate and differentiate the contact lens experience for patients and make Leightons known for its market-leading expertis
To work cooperatively and productively with the Operational team, the Professional Services Manager (Optometry), Marketing and members of the Senior Management team to provide the support innovation and positive change management in all areas of the contact lens category
Reporting to Director of Professional Services delivering the strategic plans to exceed 3-year financial Objectives
- Support the Directors and Operational Team to deliver the required corporate contact lens category growth by engaging all staff to develop their confidence, knowledge, and competency in all areas of contact lenses, integration and resultant sales.
- Provide support to the eye care professional and branch teams and central support team to be the first point of contact for all contact lens related questions
- Be a role model and advocate for and implement best practice, including our high-quality Prima+ Private Label product range and provide clinical governance support and contact lens record audit, for the Leightons team
- Lead by example in setting standards and expectations in the use of technology to elevate clinical experience of our market leading contact lens approach using Video Slit Lamps, Corneal Topographers and all anterior eye diagnostic techniques for all areas of contact lens assessments and advanced fitting and dry eye care to affirm the trust of patients in our clinical expertise.
- Refine and improve all touch points in the contact lens customer experience and customer journey in conjunction with the Professional Services Manager (Optometry) and the Operational Team
- Identify individual Optometrist’s and Contact Lens Opticians, branch and dedicated patient support team’s development requirements; them to improve their contact lens clinical skills and performance resulting in improvements in customer experience and sales, via coaching and pertinent support, training and performance improvement plans where required.
- Deliver regular professional (including CET/ CPD) and general contact lens development events, share best in class clinical information, encourage enhanced team communication and resultant business improvements in partnership with our key suppliers
- Pilot new contact lens designs materials and designs in conjunction with our leading suppliers to deliver a successful groupwide launch
- Identify, research and pilot innovative new contact lens related diagnostic services and fitting along with the instrumentation required to generate rapid growth of new patients and revenue streams and retain existing patients and the resultant increased profitability. Create a business plan for each element and demonstrate to the board of directors the significant return on investment to gain approval for company-wide roll out.
- Promote products, services and maximise the opportunity to cross refer to our Dry Eye, Hearing Care services/products and general optical care and services
- Assist Area and Branch Managers in tracking and monitoring branch and individual performance, actively develop and promote strategies within the branch to increase the performance and profitability of the contact lens and dry eye categories
- Continually review and simplify the product portfolio, creating a streamlined approach to help all members of staff always provide the highest level of customer service
- Work with the marketing team to help create meaningful patient-centric communications.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
The Retention and Attraction of new contact lens wearers as measured by Individual practice and group contact lens growth linked to targets and operational growth plans
- Bonus scheme
- Company Car
- 27 days holiday plus statutory public bank holidays.
- Private health insurance
- Employer pension contributions up to 5% of salary
- Mobile phone
- A contribution towards a Gym/Club membership
- Life insurance 2x salary, increasing to 4x upon entry into Company Pension Scheme