Leightons Ltd is a retail opticians and audiology business, founded in 1928. It is proudly independent, family-owned and family-run and believe their people are the key to success and longevity. Leightons have grown to have 34 stores, all special and unique – 24 fully owned, 7 franchised, 2 co-owned and 1 business operating under its own name.
- To manage the day to day financial control function of the business ensuring strong financial controls, processes and system are in place.
- Total responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of the monthly management accounts for the entire group
- Manage and process payroll for all companies
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts for the group (15 limited companies) and that these are accurate and produced for review with the FD by the 7th working day. The combined turnover of which is £29m over 34 stores.
- Management and development for the finance team of 8 (includes 5 direct line reports) to be able to meet the needs of the business and its customers
- Responsible for payroll for 14 companies
- Accruals and prepayments for the Limited company
- Balance sheet reconciliation for all companies completed by 10th working day each month
- Continually reviewing and improving processes and procedures to ensure the department becomes more efficient with the aim to reduce the month end deadlines and to ensure that the team can support the planned growth of the business
- Assist in preparing the year end audit pack
- Manage all HMRC tasks including submission of P11Ds and PSAs.
- Must operate strong financial controls appropriate to the business and that there are no compliance issues with tax or accounting areas
- Strong Excel skills
- CIMA part qualified
- Team management experience
- Experience working in an accounts function of a fast moving consuming business
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
27 Days holiday
Discounts on Products
£350 towards Health and Fitness clubs