Are you searching for a new position as a Management Accountant within a wholesome, family orientated and family run business with a focus on high-end retail with a clinical twist? The we have the position for you!
A bit about us…
Leightons is a retail opticians and audiology business, founded in 1928. We are proudly independent, family-owned and family run and believe our people are the key to success and longevity. Leightons have grown to have 34 stores, all special and unique – 24 fully owned, 7 franchised, 2 co-owned and 1 business operating under its own name.
As Management Accountant, you will directly line manage 3 Purchase Ledger Clerks and 1 Sales Ledger Clerk on a day to day basis, preparing management accounts for a minimum of 2 businesses whilst supporting other members of the team with additional areas of the business. Other core focuses will include;
- Maintain and control the accounts of our franchising arm, dealing directly with business owners
- Responsible for producing management accounts (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow forecast) for review by the FD by WD7
- Responsible for the balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist with year-end audits
- Play a crucial part in managing and developing the team
- Manage payroll for several of our companies
- Reconcile our main Current Account and Contact Lens Bank Account
Am I suitable?
This is an ideal position for an individual with previous management/supervisory experience within a finance setting, searching for a role that will allow them to continue to grow and learn. Applicants must have studied at AAT Level 3 or above to be suitable for this position. Other core required experiences include; strong Excel knowledge, double entry bookkeeping and basics of accruals and prepayments.
What are the benefits?
- Staff Discount
- Bonus Scheme
- Access to Leightons Learning Academy