For the rough and tumble of life
Thinking of swapping to contact lenses? Or mixing it up with their glasses? Your child can wear contact lenses from as young as 8 years old, as long as they’re up to speed on how to look after their eyes.
There are loads of benefits, too:
- Contact lenses are better for sport, offering freedom, great field of vision and a lower risk of being damaged in play.
- Unlike glasses, they’re less likely to break during the rough and tumble of little lives.
- Going glasses-free can boost the self-confidence, self-esteem and social acceptance for some children, leaving them happier, confident and at ease with their vision.
- They’re great for providing all day long vision correction. As it’s not so easy for children to take them off.
- Plus, they’re easy to update as your child’s prescription changes.
- Some lenses also provide protection from ultraviolet (UV) exposure, so little eyes are protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
- There are some kinds of contact lens that can control and in some cases treat myopia – short sightedness in children.
Talk to our team to find out more about the benefits for your child. What’s more, we can do a free assessment and contact lens trial to see how they go. Book an appointment online or pop in to your nearest Leightons branch.