Home Eye Tests with Care Opticians
We know that for some of us, it is simply not possible to leave home for eye examinations without assistance. That is why Leightons partners with Care Opticians to provide eye tests at home, so individuals who are unable to travel still have access to professional eye care.
Care Opticians offer free NHS-funded sight tests from the comfort of your own home, exactly as if you were to have an NHS eye test with Leightons in one of our practices. Their services include:
- Thorough and professional eye tests
- Screening for cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and more
- Glasses fitted and delivered to your home
- Free aftercare
Who is eligible?
In England and Wales you may qualify for NHS eye tests at home if you are unable to visit an optician unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability, and are any of the following:
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma or considered to be at risk, as advised by an optician
- Receiving certain benefits
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher
For more details on eligibility for home eye tests, please visit Care Opticians’ website.
It doesn’t matter whether you live in your own home, a nursing home or residential accommodation. Care Opticians’ expert service covers most of the South East of England, so if you are eligible, then it’s likely that their friendly, experienced team will be able to help.
How to book
For more information on their Eye Tests at Home service, or to book an appointment with them, just call Care Opticians on 01483 224 914 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can book an appointment through their website.