Welcome to the Publication Scheme for Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by the Leightons Group. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated. Where information is provided at cost, the charges will be calculated as set out in Class 7 below.
How the information is made available and feedback?
The information in each class is available on our website www.leightons.co.uk or as a printed document from:
The Data Protection Manager, Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care, Clarendon House, 63 Downing Street Farnham, Surrey. GU9 7PN
Your Rights to Information
- The aim of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 is to provide members of the public with access to information held by public authorities.
- You are entitled to certain information in relation to NHS services we provide under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- From 1st January 2005 our optical practices were required to respond to requests for information in relation to the NHS service they provide. You will have a right of access to that information subject to exemptions as contained in the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you. Please contact your local branch of Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care where your records are held to do this.
Classes of Information
All NHS information at your local Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch is held, retained and/or destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be withheld under the exemptions set out in the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the NHS Openness Code 1995. Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and the protection of personal information under the Data Protection Bill 2018. This applies to all Classes in the publication scheme. The information on this scheme is grouped into the following categories:
1) Who we are
Company background. Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care have been providing expert eye care since 1928 and hearing care services since 2006
To find out more about our company please visit http://www.leightons.co.uk/the-leightons-difference/
For a list of practices including contact phone numbers please go to http://www.leightons.co.uk/branch-finder/
Details of the Opticians and Hearing specialists employed in one of our opticians and hearing care branches can be obtained by contacting that practice directly. Alternatively details of all UK registered opticians can be obtained from the General Optical Council www.optical.org and details of all registered Hearing Aid Dispensers from the Health and Care Professions Council www.hcpc-uk.co.uk
2) Our services
All our practices provide eye examinations, contact lens appointments, hearing assessments, prescription glasses, sunglasses, contact lenses and optical accessories. Appointments for eye examinations can be booked by telephone, online, or by visiting one of our practices. To find the address or phone number of your local practice, please go to http://www.leightons.co.uk/branch-finder/ Opening times can vary between locations, so please ring or view to confirm.
If you are eligible for a NHS Sight Test you can visit any Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch for an appointment. Your local branch of Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care will also accept NHS vouchers against purchases of spectacles or contact lenses. To find out if you are eligible for an NHS Sight Test or voucher please contact NHS Choices https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Eyecarecosts.aspx
3) Financial and funding information
Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care currently receive a fee for each NHS sight test performed. Please refer to the websites shown below for up to date information on this subject. Your local Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch can inform you of the current cost of an eye examination for those who do not qualify for NHS assistance. If you would like further information about the value of the NHS vouchers accepted by your Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch and NHS charges please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Eyecarecosts.aspx. These charges and voucher values are regularly reviewed by the NHS.
4. Regular publications and information for the public
Information in relation to your eye test, the NHS, family eye care and safe driving can be found on our website at www.leightons.co.uk.
A range of patient leaflets in relation to contact lenses, care for glasses, general contact lenses information and optical healthcare are available from your local Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch.
Our customers may also receive information in the form of the Leightons' Talking Points magazine which may be sent with the letter recalling you for your next sight test. If you would like to receive a copy of Talking Points magazine please contact your local Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch
A copy of our complaints procedure can be obtained from your local Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care branch. If you have a complaint we recommend that you first contact the branch manager.
6. Our policies and procedures
7. This publications scheme
Any changes to the publication scheme and any proposed changes or additions to publications already available will be published in this Class.
Cost of information
For the most part, you will not be charged for printed copies of information required. Any charges will vary according to how the information is made available. The charges are as follows:
- Information accessed via www.leightons.co.uk or provided by e-mail is free of charge except for charges made by your internet service provider.
- Requests for single printed copies are free of charge.
- Requests for multiple printed copies will attract a charge to cover costs such as photocopying and postage.
These charges will be reviewed regularly.
- NHS Freedom of Information https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/foi/
- Freedom of information Act 2000 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents