Show them some love
At Leightons, we believe in sourcing products that are built to last. So once you’ve invested in them, you can look forward to many years use. And of course, the more you care for them, the longer they’ll last.
5 tips for keeping your glasses ship-shape
- Only use the soft, microfibre, cloth that came with your glasses to clean the lenses. It’s tempting to reach for a tissue or soft cloth, but even the softest tissues leave behind tiny fibres which can scratch your lenses.
- It’s best to use the correct cleaning solution for your lens. That way you can avoid removing any special coating on the lens and keep them lovely for longer.
- To clean your glasses, gently rub the lenses in a circular motion to wipe the cleaning solution across the surface of the lens.
- Keep gently wiping until the solution has evaporated (this may take longer with non-alcoholic lens cleaning solutions).
- If there are nose-pads on your lenses, clean these carefully with cotton bud wetted in lens cleaning solution for very stubborn dirt and debris.
Don’t forget, we’re always on hand to give your glasses a complementary MOT. Our experts can fix a loose screw here, tighten a nose-pad there and return them to you – as good as new! Drop in and see us or book an appointment online, in real time.