At Leightons, we are passionate about giving the very best customer care available. This includes finding the best technology and employing experts in the industry, as well as supporting our local communities.
As part of our commitment to the community, we created the Leightons Foundation. Each year, our Foundation supports a charity with the same ethics as our own: to help people live life to the full.
Our people, our passion
If you keep up to date with your local branch online, you're sure to have seen the amount of fundraising all of our dedicated branches participate in. For the Alzheimer's Society alone, Sean Matthews from Chandlers Ford has raised over £1,058. Rachel Hudson from Alton ran a half marathon last year raising another £450. For a charity funded solely on donations, every marathon and cake sale has a huge impact.
However, it doesn't stop there! Each branch and individual member of staff is also encouraged to support any other charity of their choosing, whether a local or national organisation. From 2017, here's a little of what our campaigners achieved:
- David Norster in Winchester raised over £7000 for the Poppy Appeal
- Epsom branch donated a pair of Calvin Klein sunglasses for the Douglas Brunton Centre
- Our Marlow branch donated to pair of sunglasses for the Rennie Grove Hospice
- Over Christmas, Reading raised money for Save the Children with a Reindeer Naming Competition.
- Thatcham took donations and dished out cakes for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.